Tuesday, November 21, 2006

funny how one man can do all this...

Well, as I suspected would happen, Youtube took down the Pacquiao-Morales III clip from the last post. I'm sure the full fight is out there on the internet somewhere...maybe try these forums...

There are some other videos out there that relate to the fight last Saturday, but the following are the ones I always love to watch.

After watching these, one thing is very clear: no one else can unite the entire Filipino people as Manny can and bring them this much collective joy. No movie star or politician (much less the President) can do this.

His supporters comprise of the poor/rich, rural/urban, administration/opposition, Catholics/Muslims, Luzon/Visayas/Mindanao, domestic/overseas, young/old...pretty much everyone.

He is in a very powerful position in the Philippines, and I think he knows it. He just has to be wary with all the politicians/other people will try to use him for personal/political gain....

Anyway, on to Youtube clips of Filipinos going crazy in jubiliation:

Video 1: complete w/ the mahjong table



Video 2: I love the little kid jumping in the sofa



Video 3: I love the reactions here =)



Video 4: this from a theater in SM City Iloilo (Western Visayas)



Video 5: this from the Cebu Coliseum



Video 6: last one. This is from the Greenbelt, a very upscale mall in Makati, Metro Manila.

1 comment:

Mark said...

I'm a copy/paste what I wrote on Manny after the fight. I would've made a post, however it wouldn't have had the videos. My cousin's were hootin', hollerin' and screamin' while the fight was on at my cousin's christening; And I'm not talking about the men.

"Manny is a beast. Relentless, tenacious, quick, powerful, tough, and FILIPINO. For Filipinos all around the world, there's God and there's Pacquiao. The man can do no wrong. I've seen him on Game KnB. I've heard his album. I don't care. He goes lights out and provides Filipinos all around the world the rare chance to rally together. Usually, Filipinos are in the news because we've been conquered, or the people overthrew the government. Manny brings a shining ray of light.

"There have been famous Filipinos; but for most people, it's like "(talaga) he/she is Philipino". Tia Carrere denied it. Jasmine Trias is Hawaiian. Enrique Iglesias is a Latin artist. Prince.. was that symbol thing alibata? That hottie in "A Knight's Tale", she's French, Hawaiian, Dutch, English, Irish, German, and Filipino. But Manny Pacquiao... he's pure Filipino. He's a Filipino Icon like no other. I wouldn't be surprised if there is already a bust of him in Malacanang Palace. He is in our lore as much as Jose Rizal a century before.

Man... if I had another PACN to write, it would be something along the lines of:

* A sculpture, frowned upon from his parents from going into Fine Arts, vows to show he can make a living with a relentless pursuit of selling his lifelike sculpture of Manny Pacquiao to the man himself.
* A Scooby-Doo like gang foils a plot to take out Manny Pacquiao at his next big fight.
* Manny Pacquiao teaches American kids in Wisconsin how to roller skate.
* You've got Rocky, we've got Pacqui.
* How about Pacqui IV. Pacqui comes out of retirement to fight psycho Mongolian.
* Two struggling college students drop everything in a roller coaster of a pursuit to see Manny Pacquiao biggest fight ever live."